Important Of White Cement in Building Beautification :-
As the name indicates, white cement is a type of cement whose color is white, but apart from the color and fineness, it is not different from wall putty. In this blog, we will look at the features of the White cement and how it is manufactured and at the end, some of its advantages and disadvantages of why the product is an ideal choice for most engineers.
Manufacturing of white cement :-
White cements are manufactured in a different way as gray cement is manufactured. Iron and manganese are supplemented in the manufacturing phase for helping it to increase its whiteness. This cement is more costly when compared to gray cement; it is because of the cost of materials used and the changes in their manufacturing process. This is why JKG white cement is produced in its quality.
Where to use?
White cement, as the cement is white it is primarily used for most architectural beauty, exterior, and interior decorations. It can also be used for floors, terrazzo tiles, and different concrete products including swimming pools, etc.
Features of JKG White Cement :-
- The quality of raw materials and its manufacturing process affects the color of the white cement
- This cement is made from raw materials, which contains very little Iron Oxide and Manganese Oxide; these oxides influence the whiteness and undertone of white cement.
- Oil used in the cement as fuel for fuel the kiln in order to avoid contamination by cool ash.
- The production procedure of the cement should be meticulous with exceptional precautions.
- The chemical composition and physical characteristics should meet the specifications of Type I Portland Cement.
How to ensure the quality of cement?
To ensure the quality used for construction it should be from a reputed manufacturer. This should not be from a local plant manufacturer and JKG White Cement is made from the best producer. When the products are packed it should be done properly and not hand packed.
Guidelines for quality assurance :-
- The weight of cement is "50 kg".
- The bag of cement carries its date of production
- Cement bags are stitched with machine
- It is factory manufactured
- There must be identification on the bag
- Cement should be packed in bags of synthetic jute or polypropylene bags
- Bag carries the grade, trade mark and type of cement
- Should not be older than 6 weeks from the date of manufacturing
- Bags should not be torn by side and stitched in later
- Cement bags are then packed in water proof paper bags
- It should be no partially set due to moisture or have any lumps in bags.
The advantage is that, it is lower when compared to ordinary cement. Because of its low content of soluble alkalis, it is not accountable to cause stain. Its disadvantage is that, it is costly when compared to Portland cement.